Monday, January 24, 2011

SparkPeople can be addicting!


So I guess it's no secret with all my Facebook and Twitter posts lately, that I am back on the weight loss bandwagon. I have been eating better for over a month now (I fell off my weight loss journey at the end of summer... WHAT? Maybe I was just hibernating for the winter??? Okay so maybe I got lazy! I worked so hard the last year and have lost ALOT of weight! I have about 30 pounds more to go, and like most people, I set my goal to start my weight loss journey again at the start of this new year.

I started off with eating better and have now started working out again. I am not going to lie, it's been harder this time around. I have a major sweet tooth and it usually hits me at night. I have done good the last few nights but I can not tell you how badly I want to go to 7-11 and get one of their hot cocoa's! One of my most favorite drinks and probably packed with lots of cals!

One thing that I know from past dieting (okay dieting is the wrong word here, I like lifestyle change because I hate diet food and I am basically just eating better, eating organic and natural foods, cutting out most sugars, preservatives, etc. Eating the way we should all be eating (fast food is EVIL!!!) is that Sparkpeople really helped me stay on track with my goals. I find that if I clock in my calories for each meal or snack I tend to stay on track or within my goal for the day. Same goes for workouts, I do more when I clock it all in. It also becomes super addicting, which is a good thing because then I see results!

I have a confession to make. In the 4 1/2 months at I stopped my weight loss journey, I gained 10 pounds back. I know 10 pounds is not to bad, but it is 10 pounds I now have to work to get off. Again it's been hard!

I wanted to share with you my sparkpeople report for today to show you a little of what I do to help me get through this journey :) As you can see I stayed below some of my daily goals and went above my goals as well with both food and working out (click on them to make them bigger, if you can't see them from here).

Workouts-


Food log-




So this is what I have been doing. I change it up from day to day, but as you can see, I am trying again. I hope to get those last 30 pounds off by this summer! I would love to wear shorts and a tank top without feeling like I am going to burn people's retina's with my hideousness! I will be sharing one of my favorite morning breakfast treats in my next posts. Super easy and great for those that like to workout in the morning.

Okay I am off to watch Being Human (new syfy show that I LOVE! Has all the great supernatural stuff I love!) Nightie night!

Nikki

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to you Nikki! I too love SparkPeople, it's such a great resource.I think you're right, it helps you be accountable to yourself to track everything.

    and p.s. I've been watching Being Human too! I'll have to watch it on syfy's site today.

    ReplyDelete