Friday, June 10, 2011

Altered Lamp shade using my Cricut


I have wanted to share this lamp shade with you for sooooooo long, and now I FINALLY get to :)

I got this assignment from Creative Xpress (Provo Craft) last year. I had to showcase the new Wall décor Cricut cartridge. I soon got this idea to try the designs on a lamp shade.  I wanted to show you all that this cart is not limited to just wall art. You can use it on so much more. I went to my local Walmart looking for a plain white lamp shade for this project. I found an off white Fabric lamp shade. The fabric looks just like canvas which gives it a nice texture. The lamp shade size is: TOP- 4 inches, Bottom- 11 inches and Height- 8.5 inches.

I had a girlie theme in mind because I wanted to use the Basic Grey line "Kioshi", which has pretty deep pastel colors in it, which was perfect for the lamp shade I invisioned. As you can see from the picture below, I started off with a plain lamp canvas. I glued on ribbon for added detail. I hand cut the background patterned paper and used my cricut and the Wall décor cart for the pretty green border and the butterflies, which I doubled up on pop dots to make them all 3D to pop off the border and lamp shade. I also added Basic Grey labels and flowers for a pretty added touch to the shade.

I hope you like it :) It took a while to make but I am so happy with the outcome! I plain to make a pretty pink lamp shade like it for my daughters room soon, which I will share here once it's done!

You can click on the images to make them larger and to see the detail closer.





Thanks so much for looking! :)

Nikki

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Nikki!!! I have some shades that need sprucing up! This would be a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a transformation. I love altering stuff too. My latest was a broken clock that I altered[ pics on my blog]
    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This project turned out fantastic! So pretty with the Kioshi colors!

    ReplyDelete