Monday, February 27, 2006

My poor DH, I finally scrapbooked

Image hosting by Photobucket

I finally scrapbooked a layout for the first time in like two months. I was reading Amy Howes blog and saw this challenge there that her and Robyn made at two peas and thought it would be perfect for me to do. You were suppose to create a layout using only three items, Cardstock, buttons and HS letters. The layout above was my finished project for this challenge, it was so much fun to do. I think I will have to try more of these challenges.

Dustin has been sick again for a couple days now. Last night when he went to bed he kept saying his cyst (in an area I will not be posting about, very personal but common in men to get them in this spot) he went to bed so upset, I felt so bad for him and asked if we could just got to the ER. He did not want to. At around 1:30 am he woke up and said he had to go to the ER. I said I would drive him. So we got in the car and drove two buildings over to the local hospital, when I dropped him off at the ER I looked over at him and he was dry heaving, he looked so sick and so wet with sweat all over his face and neck, I started to freak out right there, I just wanted to be with him and not leave his side, I did not want to leave him but with it being so late and the boys sleeping it would not be right to wake them to wait at the hospital, I sat here and waited for him to call for about 30 minutes then tried his cell phone to see what was going on, I could not get to sleep at all until I knew things were okay or that he sounds better. no answer, I waited a few more minutes, it felt like forever! Then I tried two more times, nothing So I called the ER. I spoke to a man who put me on hold for like a minute and then I heard Dustin's voice It was so heartbreaking, he is in so much pain right now because of this lump, we were both so scared that now this cyst has turned into something worse. He said they had him on an IV with pain meds but he was so hurt, said they were not working at all he said they were going to do another ultrasound and see how much more of the lump has grown. We were both so scared they were going to say "cancer". I found out later that the IV they gave him did not make it into his vein and that is why the meds did not work for him until they started over in the other arm (this always happens everytime to the both of us, we have such bad luck with IV's and hospitals)

I spoke to Dustin two more times after that call, I could hardly understand him, he was in and out of the coversation with me so groggy. He said they took some more test and were coming in and he does not remember much because of him passing out off and on. I asked him to call me back if he heard anything else. I layed down and finally got a little sleep, he called me around 7:40am to come get him. When I got there I waited a few minutes and then they took me back to see him, he was curled up in a chair in his room he slept in all night, he looked so hurt. He told me that it was not the cyst causing all this trouble but that his third kidney stone had dropped (he has had two in the last two years and we knew there were 4 all together, they seem to drop once every year so after this one passes there will only be one left). Although I know kidney stones are horrible (i have never had one but I have watched him go through it now three times)but I was happy it was not the cyst, They said that the kidney stone dropped fast and that is why he felt it in his, well um area were the cyst is (the cyst is in an area that if it was cancerous they might have to remove something to get it out and that can less our chances for fertility if we wanted more kids) This whole thing was just so scary for the both of us! I was so very sad that I could not be by his side through it all! He is still in alot of pain and says the cyst area hurts him. The dr's said that it is nothing to worry about, but once we get back to CA in a couple months we will be making an appointment to have it checked out again and maybe removed to ease our minds.

Okay well it has been a long couple days so I am going to go try and sneak in a nap here. TTYAS

Nikki

1 comment:

  1. oh yuck nikki! I am hoping he is able to pass the stone easily- poor guy!

    ReplyDelete