Wednesday, January 24, 2007

When life hands you lemons......squeeze them!

It's been a pretty rough week and a half, If I were not in such a good mood, I am sure I would have broken down by now. To say we have problems is an understatement. It all started last Tuesday, Jan 16th. I got up early, made my daily todo list at LM, chatted with some friends on AIM while I got ready for work. I was so excited to finally be running early and getting out of the house early. I was on my way to drop my youngest son off at his great grandmas for a couple hours when the Accident happened. I had switched lanes a couple times, the street I was on was a 35, most people were going 20. One lady pulled in front of me and sped up to about 40. So I stayed behind her, I was not in a hurry nor was I speeding, just wanted to go with the right flow of traffic. Well very close to the main intersection where I would go straight through then turn on GG's street my life flashed before my eyes. What I am sure was only second felt like hours to me! Everything stopped, the music playing on the radio, the sounds around me, it was like my car and everyting on this planet was caught in one of those slow-mo Matrix movie scene. In one split second I knew what my fate was..... I saw the lady who was in front of me, STOP dead in the middle of the intersection (the ones that say do not block right before the main intersection, we will call it the "mini me" of intersections". then I saw what was infront of her but to the left, an ambulance with flashing lights, NO sirens, I saw the men in the Ambulance look at me, I saw what was on their face, I saw their heads shake in a "oh gosh it's to late look", I braced myself, I slightly turned to grab ahold of my son's foot, for his comfort and mine for what was to come, within seconds, The whole two second all this happened my foot was on the breaks, but it was no good, and I knew it the second the woman, two car spaces ahead of me STOPPED point blank in the middle of that intersection, I hit her, from behind, no way to avoid it, it was gonna happen, and it did. after the hit, all at once the sounds, the radio, my son's crying, the throbbing of my knee, the panic setting in, the sheer shock of WHY and HOW all came at me at once, like a split second migrain coming on. After that everything moved so fast, I saw the smoke from my hood, I had no idea what my car looked like on the outside, inside, everything looks okay, other then all the CD's and papers that flew out of the glove box, I got out spoke to the lady a bit, she did not speak english well. Soon the police were there. They were very nice to the both of us. I call my work, I called my husband who was on lunch break so I did not get to speak to him and I called my son's great grandma who came to get him. It was rough and crazy! Finally they cleaned up the mess my car made in the middle of the street (small pieces of the front everywhere.) they called a tow truck because the police officer said it was not drive-able. My DH's grandparents stayed there in their car waiting for me, to se eif I needed a ride. When we could leave I had them take me to urgent care where i had my knee checked out. The Dr. said it was hit hard but nothing to bad. I wanted them to then check the baby, i was feeling a bit sore now and crampy, they said they did not have anything there for that (an US machine) so I called my nurse P. and made an app. for that day. I went in and the baby was fine, moving around all over the screen :) I was told by both doctors that I should be on bedrest for the next two days. So I did, and man did i feel the pain the next day after the accident. My Husband went into work for me. Anyways. We now have my car here at home but it is not drive-able, DH is in the process of fixing it himself, for the mean time I am driving the Explorer SUV.

Anyways I better get to bed now, I am so tired. Here are some pictures of my poor car....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments:

Post a Comment