Wednesday, August 13, 2008

LRS Aug designs, Cleaning...

I spent most of the day carpet cleaning the house. I still have the boys room and our room left but decided to finish tomorrow, that way I can just close the door and I don't have to worry about Bella walking on the wet carpet.

I read on the Chatterbox blog today that Courtney will be posting the 35 DT finalists layouts and projects this week on the blog. I can't wait to see them all. As soon as mine are posted I will post them here with more detailed photos :) I am so excited and can't wait to see, I am also so nervous, this is it, soon those of us chosen for the team will find out if we made it or not.

I saw the LRS August Gallery was up so I thought I would post my designs here too :) I had so much fun working with this kit. I was a little nervous at first because the line was one I was not sure I would like, it's beautiful I was just thinking it was not my style, But once I got it out and started working with it, I just loved it! It was actually very easy to work with and I think had I not been so tired I would have done more layouts with it.

This first layout "Sweet Cheeks" was the last layout I did with the kit. It only took me about 30 minutes to make, which if you know me is some kinda record because I am usually a 2-4-6 hour layout kinda girl lol. Here is the layout...


Photobucket

Photobucket


Supplies used- Ki memories PP, Bazzill CS, Ki Memories buttons and Soft spots, pearls-Michaels crafts, Making Memories mini alphas, Doodlebug alpha stickers, CI mini brads, Tags-Shabby Chic Crafts, machine stitching, Font- Century gothic, Cricut machine and the Cricut Home accents cartridge.

This next layout is called "Waking up". I just love these sweet pictures of Bella when she was a newborn. Awwwww where did my baby go? :) I used the Cricut Indie Art cartridge and the butterfly diecut. The bottom layer of the butterfly is the shift butterfly ( which is only the wings), I used my doodlebug sugar coating Lily white glitter over the top of it for sparkle. The top butterfly is one size smaller then the bottom and it is only glued down on the middle so the wings pop up 3D off the page. I also added glitter to that butterfly. I then added some rhinestones to the center of the butterflies. I sanded and distressed the patterned paper, for an aged look.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies used-Ki memories PP, Bazzill CS, Doodlebug alpha stickers, Making memories mini alpha stickers, Ranger ink, Doodlebug sugar coating glitter, Rhinestones, Ki memories stickers, Making Memories sanding block, machine stitching, Cricut Indie art cartridge and Font- Century Gothic.

This next layout took me about 4 hours to make, lol yes I know you are looking at it thinking 4 hours, why? LOL, well I had to cut out a ton of things from my cricut for this, then ink them all.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Supplies used- Ki memories PP, Bazzill Cardstock, American Crafts thickers, CI mini brads, Ranger ink, Machine stitching, Cricut Home accents and Base Camp cartridges, Font-Century Gothic.

This four layout was a quick one, I love these pictures of my daughter at the beach.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Supplies used- Ki memories PP, Making Memories patterned paper, Bazzill CS, Martha Stewart lace punch, Prima flowers, Buttons- littleredscrapbook, Ki memories rubons, Rhinestones, Crate Paper rubons, Making memories mini alphas, Tags- Shabby Chic crafts, Ranger ink, machine stitching, Font- Century Gothic.

The next two projects are some quick cards I made. I used the same butterfly technique on the first one with some limeade sugar glitter.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Supplies used- Butterfly card- KI memories PP, Bazzill CS, making memories mini alphas, Doodlebug sugar coating glitter in limeade, Rhinestones, Cricut Indie Art cartridge, ribbon- Prima, machine stitching, Ranger ink. Happy Day card- Ki Memories pp, Pink Paislee letter stickers, Making Memories mini alphas, KI memories flower stickers, Tags- Shabby Chic Crafts.

Thanks so much for looking, I have a couple more things to post and share with you in the next couple days :)

Nikki

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work here! I love your style!

    Best of luck to you with the CX DT... surely you will get that call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I meant best of luck with the Chatterbox call, but I am sure you'll be back with CreativeXpress, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll be chosen. :) Don't sweat it! I have faith in you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oowww.. girlie.. I'm 100% sure you'll be chosen for both the Chatterbox and CX team!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!!!!! Love your new creations...so bright and fun..and you've the cutest kiddos!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete