Wednesday, June 8, 2005

WOW, what an amazing day!

This has been such a great day! Dustin got a promotion, the head boss at Costco asked Dustin if he wanted a night stocker position (which means 2pm-10:30/11pm) and it would be fulltime hours. He told me last night that he wants to go back to school. So he is thinking maybe morning classes.

I was up bright and early this morning with Aidan. We watched a couple cartoons on Boomerang and then I started clean. When Austin got up I made them breakfast and then came back here to put in "The notebook" to watch. 5 hours later I finally finished the movie lol, I had to put it on pause a bunch of times to clean and do stuff with the boys. It was an amazing movie and boy did I cry! Awesome Love story yet so heartbreaking!

I have started to finally finish cleaning out our walking closet, which holds ALOT of my scrapbooking stuff. I am purging and organizing stuff so we can hang our clothes in there now. I have'nt really used it since I moved my scrap tables and supplies out a few months ago (it's now in the corner of our bedroom) and now there is only boxes and scraps in there, but ALOT of scraps to go through lol. It is a big task. I am hoping to finish it tonight (crossing fingers). I also really need to finish my new page kit.

OMGOSH okay some VERY VERY VERY exciting news. I was sitting here this afternoon talking to Kristie in "IM's" and heard "You got mail" so I look down at the MSN pop up that says who it is and it says "Wendi Speciale" and the title says "Alright Girl", for I second I thought mmmmm am I in trouble lol, or did I forget something in my BIO or picture for my Guest Designer spot for July? So I head to my inbox. I click on the email and stare at the screen for a few seconds, I am sure my eyes were sticking out of my head lol. So I click out of the email and then back in just to make sure I read it right..... As soon as I pick my jaw off of my keyboard, I read it one more time. Then the excitement comes. The email from Wendi was asking me if I wanted to be on her design team (okay this is where that shocked smiley with the popping eyes get's incerted). I can not even discribe the feelings I had, I can say I was so excited I had to tell someone right then and there so I called Dustin LOL. He was so excited for me. LOL I then of course emailed Wendi back and said Yes, (well I was so excited so I was rambling on and on in excitement in my return email, I am sure I sounded like a nut ;) lol), I had the butterflies and that "I am about to burst" feeling of excitement. I am so thrilled and so honored to be apart of this team! As soon as I emailed Wendi back I received a few emails back from the gals on the DT welcoming me to the team. It was wonderful! The women on this team are so sweet, and so talented, and I am so happy to be apart of this! Thank you so much Wendi! Woohooo I am a Wendi Speciale Designer

Okay well I better get back to my closet lol, I just had to come share my amazing news :) Oh and I walked 1 1/2 miles today. I am hoping to do another 1/2 mile tonight so it can be 2miles total today. We'll see :) I hope you all have a great night :)

Nikki



11 comments:

  1. what a day! congrats to dustin on the promotion and fantastic news on you making the design team! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG girl! How freakin awesome! You rock and I am glad that other people are noticing :) Don't forget us little people on your way up though ;)
    J/K Seriously though- Congratulations and wow- what a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so AWESOME!! I am so happy for you and Dustin! You both deserve this happiness! Congrats, Nikki, you will make a very valued part of the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Nikki & Dustin !! What an awesome day !!! I'm so happy for you, Nikki, you are talented and amazing and deserve to be on a DT !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats! to you both, that is, lol.

    I checked out your link to the design team. I actually recognize some of those ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Nikki and Dustin,you both really deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Nikki! I am sure you will be a wonderful addition to Wendi's design team!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nikki that's awesome!!! yay. . i'm so happy for you. . and congrats to Dustin too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's great news Nikki. Congrats. CAn't wait to see your work. I've been lurking over at her mb.

    And eyeing some of her stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOO HOO! Doing the HAPPY DANCE for you, Nikki!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Nikki, that is so awesome for the both of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete