Thursday, June 30, 2005

Think Positive....

There was a post tonight at peas, a coffee talk by Mojito called "you can't handle the truth" This is what she posted....

you can't handle the truth.... yeah, we make fun of this line all the time...but you know, it is a powerful statement. handling the truth - some of us do it well and some of us run screaming in the other direction the truth is: not every scrapper who decides to submit their work based on friends/pea praise will be published. not every published scrapper will go on to bigger/better things just because your work was not chosen does not mean it isn't "good enough"...just not what they were looking for sometimes people will take advantage of others and not everyone in the scrap industry is kind and nice. every once in a while you will look at a scrapper who has "made it" and ask yourself "Why?" why her and not me? my stuff is better than that, etc. sometimes dream dt's go bad the truth....can you handle it? have you had to handle any truths in your scrapping?

Here is what I answered with....

Hmmm lets see (very good topic, makes you think... Rejection Is very hard to go through, it makes you question everything, when I start going through the list of why's and how comes and the questions like you stated in the OP, I start to question myself, Is this why I scrapbook? I feel guilty for thinking somethings, other times I think I can be to hard on myself, Scrapbooking is something I love, I should not let it upset me when I am rejected (not winning a contest, DT spot, etc) but then I am only human too. I have been rejected before and told my work is intermediate and that is why I did not make a team or because I already was on another team that another place wanted "fresh" people, not people who have other commitments. All these things I just need to take in as learning experiences, But that sometimes can be so very hard when it is rejection after rejection.I am really trying, I spent sometime (while cleaning up the house I let go the past couple days while I sat here waiting to see if I would get an email or two) It might not be so much as a rejection but more like a stepping stone?!, so I did not make a team or get published in a magazine this week, I will continue to work hard for my goals, maybe I need to push myself a little more, and I just have to keep trying, If something is meant to be it will find me. I just need to stay positive about it all.

So this is me, I am going to try and stay positive and stop doubting myself, and try and reach my goals as far as where I want to take my scrapbooking :)

I also came across a really good thread with a TON of good links inside that talk all about scrapbooking, getting published, Design teams, what mags want etc etc etc, here is the link... ***PUBlic LIBRARY*** LINKS TO GREAT THREADS, TIPS ON GETTING PUBLISHED, FAQ'S...

LOL okay I am really going now :)

Night,

Nikki

1 comment:

  1. Staying positive is the most important thing you can do. Sometimes I forget that...

    I am really liking what you did with the Wendi Speciale stamps. They are going on my want list now!

    ReplyDelete