Saturday, April 23, 2005

Snow over the Horizon

I swear I tried to follow my earlier post about trying to think postive over the negative, I think I should have stayed in bed today, it has been a very depressing day. I received a most hurtful Email today, I did receive an apology, but I still feel very hurt. I am being accused of doing something I did not do! It is so sad and frustrating when you have to keep defending yourself over something you did not do!

My dear husband could see I was upset, the poor guy tried to talk to me a couple times this afternoon and I snapped at him. He finally told me that I needed to step away from the computer for a while and go with him and the boys to the mountains to see the snow. I Agreed. LOL the hour drive up the windy roads was so scary, I about died lol, I am a very bad passenger when it comes to windy scary cliff mountains with BIG drops. But I do have to say it was just Gorgeous! Some of it reminded me of the way my Mother discribes Ireland every few months when she goes to visit our relatives there. Dustin wanted to take us all the way up in to sliver city so we could go to the Ghost Town to, but the road was closed because of the Snow. I took a few pictures of the boys in the Snow, more of Austin than Aidan, Austin is the ham lol. On our way back down we stopped at a rusted old car and I got a couple shots of Austin and Daddy By it, I made sure to keep telling them NOT to touch it lol. Then a few miles past that we stopped at a small camping spot that had a stream of water and an area for the boys to play. We did not stay there to long because it was getting dark. When we got back into the city we stopped by Dominos (pizza's are only $5 YAY lol) I ordered a Veggie without Mushrooms (HATE THEM) and the boys got yucky pepperoni. I Hate Pepperoni too lol. Now everyone is finally sleeping and I thought I would log on to check my emails and write in my blog. I am adding a couple pictures from our trip today, Okay I better get to bed, I need to get up early tomorrow, to clean the apartment, I want to finish cleaning early so I can scrap ;)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 comments:

  1. Oh Nikki don't let what others say bother you! If they are your true friends then they wouldn't think you said it in the first place. I am so glad to see you and your family had a great day the pictures are great, I love the one by the rusty truck. Stop take a deep breath and move on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki. .we don't "know" each other all that well. . (i am a big fan of your work. . .uh oh. .do i sound like a stalker?? :) ) anyway. . . i've realized that life's too short to worry about what others think of you.. .yeah i still get upset and hurt. . but i just try to keep it in perspective. .

    your pics are gorgeous btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nikki!

    What a beautiful day you must have had, other than the hurtful email. It's family that matters most! I am just like you, and can imagine that scary cliff driving, but, I also know how beautiful it can be, living near the mountains as well! What cool pics you took!

    ReplyDelete