Sunday, April 17, 2005

Wake up call

I just had my scare of a lifetime (well I hope it is the only scare of a lifetime I ever have lol), It really was a wake up call. I was watching TLC today. There was an med show on. The case was about an over weight woman who was found dead in a battered womens shelter. She had two kids with her a two year old and a 4 months old, this woman was also 12 weeks pregnant. They had no clue as to why she died yet, until they did an autospy on her body. they found that her heart was two times the size it was suppose to be which means she had VERY high blood pressure, which is the cause of alot of deaths each year, this however was not why she died. In over weight people a common cause of sudden death are blood clots that are released into your body. This is how this poor 25 year old woman died. This hit so close to home.

I gained 80 pounds with my first Pregnancy, I lost 20 from it but then became pregnant again and gained 26 pounds. I was able to lose that weight pretty fast. I Now have 60 pounds to lose to be back down to my pre pregnancy weight. Thing is I have been over weight like this for 4 years now. I have also become lazy :( I had an ED from the age 11 to my early 20's ( I made a layout about over coming this which is now being published by Memory Makers "your scrapbook, your story ideabook",) I am now 26. I started walking everyday at the local rec center mile trail a couple months ago for over a month, I felt great. Problem was I soon gave up :(

I have since bought a treadmill from walmart (gift to myself) a month ago, but have only used it twice. After seeing that show tonight, I have decided that it is time for me to LIVE! To do this for me, and for my boys. All I kept thinking about was that poor young woman on tv, she will never be able to hold her kids again and that made me so sad! I would never want my boys or husband to go through that! I want to live! I am making an appointment this week to see a Doctor and a nutritionist. And I got on the treadmill tonight. I am making a goal to start walking again everyday and I will LOG it here in my blog to keep me motivated.

Here are my stats for tonight....

Speed- 2.5
Time- 27:23
Mile- 1.00
Fat cals- 40.8
Cals-130

Okay I should probably get back to finishing my layout I have been working on all day. I will post again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment