Monday, May 2, 2005

Thump Thump, Thump Thump

That is the sound of my son Austin's Heart. He crawls in to bed with me every morning to sleep a little longer, I grab him and hold him, I always plant my head on his chest so I can hear his heart. That same sound I listen to at many Doctors appointments, it still has that smooth steady sound, Thump Thump, Thump Thump. When I listen to it now,it beats a littlle faster everytime you breath in and slows a little as you breath out, I Thank the lord. I thank him for bringing you to me, my first born. As I lay there listening to your heart beat I start to daydream, I dream of your future, who you will be; what you will become. Although it saddens me that you won't be little like this always, won't want to hug or kiss mommy because she has cooties or well because she's mommy, that you won't always crawl into my bed in the mornings, or ask me to come lay with you at night when you are tired and scared, I do sit and dream of the life and man you will become. I like all mothers, want only the best for you! Will you be a good student? Will you go to College?Will you be a Dad someday? Will you be successful in your life's job? What ever it is that you do, I will always be proud, follow your heart and your dreams, You will be somebody! You are special! Unique, you are my first born! I get all of this from our morning routine.... Thump Thump, Thump Thump

No comments:

Post a Comment